Price: MSRP: $839 Internet Prices: $719+
In early 2011 LG has introduced a new feature to their line of front load washers, and with it a host of new models. One of these new front load washers models is the LG WM2350HWC, which is a brand new medium sized front load washer. With as many choices as consumers have when purchasing a new washing machine, companies have to distinguish themselves from their competition somehow. LG attempts to do this with their trade marked “ColdWash” technology. When ColdWash is combined with LG's 6Motion washing cycles, LG claims that this pairing can “give you what seemed impossible: cold-water savings with warm-water performance.“ This is a bold claim, but if it is true, this is a real differentiator for LG in the crowded front load washer marketplace. In addition to these newer features and LG's reputation for building a high quality product, the WM2350HWC features a host of other features.
* The extra large capacity (4.3 cu. ft.) tub lets you do more laundry in fewer loads
* The upfront electronic control panel with LED display keeps you updated on the cycle status
* Dial-A-Cycle allows you to easily just set-and-go
* ColdWash Technology uses cold water and enhanced washing motions to give you cold-water savings with warm-water performance
* The LG revolutionary 6Motion Technology combines up to 6 washing motions to ensure an outstanding and gentle clean
* 9 Washing Programs: Bulky/Large, Perm Press, Sanitary, Heavy Duty, Delicates, Cotton/Normal, Hand Wash/Wool, Speed Wash, Drain+Spin for versatile washing options - match loads for worry free fabric care
* Energy Star qualified to meet or exceed federal guidelines for energy efficiency for year-round energy and money savings
* SenseClean™ System - automatically sets the water level and wash time for each load based on the weight
* NSF-certified Sanitary Cycle removes even the toughest stains and bacteria
* The LG TrueBalance anti-vibration system reduces washer noise and vibration
* 10 Washing Options include ColdWash, Prewash, Rinse & Spin, Load Size, Tub Clean, Delay Wash (up to 19 hours), Water Plus, Extra Rinse, and Custom Program
* A Child Lock prevents your children from getting into places they shouldn't
* 5 wash speeds and 5 wash temperatures help you choose the proper setting for your clothes
* NeveRust stainless steel drum for durability and long life
* SmartDiagnosis allows you troubleshoot quickly and efficiently over your phone
* End-of-cycle signal alerts you when the load is done
As with most of these newer washers, there simply isn't a whole lot of information to be found coming from people who own the LG WM2350HWC, and have lived with it for a while. Keeping that in mind, the ratings that are out there should be viewed with a wary eye. However, as with most LG front load washers, what has been said about the WM2350HWC so far was been quite positive. With an overall rating of 4.82, and 94% of reviewers indicating that they would be willing to recommend this washer to a friend, the preliminary results are quite promising. As with most front load washers, and in particular this shouldn't be surprising for such a new model with some new to market features, consumers have listed the list of features on this model as one of their most well liked aspects. Also highly mentioned is the ability of this washer to do very large loads of clothes at once.
There are no reviews out there that are overtly negative. There are a few reviews that mention some vibration issues, but that has held true for nearly every model of front load washer, across all manufacturers, and should not be held against this model in particular. Worth noting is that there have, as of now, not been any reviews posted that complain about issues with mold or musty smells. Perhaps this is a result of improvements to the washer itself, but just as likely is that consumers are being better educated these days about the need to care for their front load washer than they have been in years past.
Overall, if you're in the market for a front load washer, and you're looking for a larger capacity than something like the entry level LG WM2140CW, but you don't feel that the expense of a high end steam washer like the LG WM3360HWCA, then perhaps the LG WM2350HWC is the right choice for you. With LG's reputation for making durable quality front load washers, and the high recommendations from the people who already own this washer, you're likely not to be disappointed.