Price: MSRP: $629, Internet Prices: $540+
The LG WM2140CW front load washer has been one of the most popular models of front load washers on the market for some time. The LG WM2140CW is positioned as the 'entry level' front load washer, with the lowest MSRP in the LG line, equal to that of the extremely popular and long standing LG WM2010CW. In the time between the release of the WM2010CW and the WM2140CW LG has made a number of improvements that appear on the newer model. For the same price, the WM2140CW offers a larger capacity and a more robust list of features, including some that have been developed since the release of the WM2010CW.
* A 4.0 cubic foot capacity will allow for large loads
* An electronic control panel incorporating an LED display with the intuitive Dial-A-Cycle control make choosing the right settings a breeze
* LG's trademarkes SenseClean system uses sensors to automatically set the water level and washing time for each specific load for optimal washing and water conservation
* 7 washing programs can match to nearly any load
* LG 6Motion technology uses 6 different washing movements to provide the best possible clean while being as gentle as possible on clothes
* TrueBalance system designed to reduce vibrations and noise to provide quiet and smooth washing in any setting
* Ultra high speed 1100 RPM spin speed removes as much water as possible in the washer, meaning clothes require shorter drying times
* SmartDiagnosis feature will aid the LG service center in diagnosing problems over the phone, limiting the need to send a service technician to the home
* 1 year warranty on parts and labor, 2 years on the electronic control panel, 10 years on the motor, livetime on the washer drum
As with most any product that is this new, there still isn't a whole lot of feedback about it from consumers to be found by searching through retailer websites. On the plus side for LG and the success of the WM2140CW, what there is out consists of largely positive reviews of this front load washer. Overall the LG WM2140CW receives a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5, with 85% of reviews stating that they would recommend this washer to another shopper. However, that 4.3 should be taken with a grain of salt, as will be discussed later, there are a few, seemingly unfounded, negative reviews that are really dragging the average artificially low. Across the board this front load washer receives strong marks for quality, performance, features and even value for the price. Based on the fact that ease of use in specific is singled out by a high percentage of reviewers as a particularly impressive feature, the Dial-A-Cycle must be living up the LG's intention for it. As the entry level front load washer, it is no surprise that the WM2140CW reviews rate it highly for value, as it is at a price point barely above that of a similarly sized and featured top loader.
As stated above, there are a small percentage of LG WM2140CW reviews out there that do not rate this front load washer well at all. In fact, they give the unit the lowest possible rating in every category. Reading through these reviews though, in all cases the reviewers come across as almost spitefully giving such a low rating. One reviewer in particular takes umbrage with the maintenance recommended by the owners manual. Given that front load washers do require more maintenance than a top loader, it would be understandable to give low marks for ease of use, and maybe even value, but simply requiring some maintenance to prevent mold doesn't mean the washer is of low quality, or that it doesn't do a good job of getting clothes clean. It is for reasons like this that these reviews should perhaps be considered with a larger grain of salt than the large concentration of reviews that gave the WM2140CW high marks. None of the poor reviews complain about the washer not getting clothes clean, or any malfunctions or defects. If these reviews are treated as outliers the ratings for the WM2140CW go up with a 4.85 out of 5 stars, and every reviewer would recommend this model to another.
On the whole, the LG WM2140CW reviews out there are strong, and with LG's overall track record for producing highly durable, high-performing front load washers, this model is likely to be very popular with consumers. This model is newer, has a larger capacity, and more features than the extremely popular and well liked WM2010CW, and all for the exact same manufacturer suggest price. The WM2140CW seems to take over for two models actually, with the same size as the LG WM2101HW, very similar list of features, but a significantly lower price. The LG WM2140CW should be the front load washer of choice for those consumers looking to purchase an entry-level front loader.