MSRP: $1300, Internet Prices from $879 (including tax and estimated shipping)
There are many front load washers on the market today with a wide range of prices. Most manufacturers try to offer a varienty of washers with different sizes and features to spread across the spectrum of prices in order to offer a washer to suit the needs of every consumer. Whirlpool is no different that most other companies in this respect, with a large number of washers to choose from. The Whirlpool wfw9750ww is a smaller capacity steam washer built to attract buyers who want all the features available, but don’t necessarily need or want the largest capacities, and it makes the claim to be the most efficient front load washer on the market. Not terribly long ago, in order to get all of the top of the line features, you also needed to buy a the largest sized washer as well, but this is no longer the case, as the WFW9750WW shows.
- 3.9 cu. ft. stainless steel washer basket is large enough to wash 18 paris of jeans
- Most efficient washer on the market uses up to 77% less water and 81% less energy than older washers
- Choose from 14 automatic cycles to tailor the machines settings to any load of laundry
- Care Control Temperature Management system uses a system of sensors to adjust the water temperature automatically to get clothes as clean as possible without causing shrinkage or color fade
- FanFresh system circulates air through the washer for up to 10 hours after the cycle ends to prevent odors and keep clothes fresh
- H2Low system uses sensors to use the minimal amount of water while still getting your clothes clean
- NightQuiet™ Option allows you to reduce noise by choosing a lower spin speed
- 1400 RPM maximum spin speed gets clothes dryer in the washer to reduce time in the dryer
- Deep cleaning steam option uses steam to penetrate deeply into fabrics to break up tough stains
- Delay Start allows you to load the washer now, but start it later when it is convenient
- Display indicates the estimated time remaining to let you know when to come back to switch your load to the dryer
- End of cycle signal will let you know when the washer is finished
- Child safety control lockout prevents unwanted playing with the washer
- Smooth Spin technology uses shock absorbers, springs, and electronic sensors to limit vibrations and therefore noise
- Direct Inject Washing System injects a concentrated burst of detergent into the drum to prevent the need to pretreat
- Oxi Dispense Option allows the use of a bleach alternative to add oxygenated additive at the proper time
- Add-A-Garment feature ensures that you don't forget something within the first few minutes of the cycle
Sadly, despite the impressive list of features it has the Whirlpool wfw9750ww front load washer did not get good revies from consumers. While there aren't hundreds of reviews out there for this model like there are for some of the entry level front loaders, there are enough to draw some reasonable conclusions about the WFW9750WW. Overall it only gets a rating of 3.2 stars out of a possible 5. While this isn't quite the lowest rating you’ll find for a front load washer, it is certainly near the bottom of the list. Those reviews there were good listed features and appearance as good points, but there were more bad reviews that good for this model.
There is a definite trend within the negative reviews out there for the Whirlpool wfw9750ww front load washer. The central issue of the majority of complaints about this washer is durability. There are a good of complaints about the wfw9750ww complaingin that the bearings around the driveshaft for the washer tub go bad causing the machine to vibrate violently and uncontrollable. This seems to be a fairly common issue, and whats worse, the general lifetime of these bearings for what appears to be normal use seems to be about 1-2 years, meaning that they fail not too long after the warranty runs out. Many of the complaints further go on to mention that the costs to replace the bearings for parts + labor end up being close to, and in some cases more than, the cost of the machine brand new. Even when the machine failed while under warranty there are a number of complaints indicating that they were unable to get repairs due to back ordered parts for weeks at a time.
With as many models for front load washer as there are to choose from, it would seem as though there are simply better alternatives out there than the Whirlpool WFW9750WW. Other manufacturers are offering models with similar features, and similar price that have received much better reviews from customers. One such example is the LG WM3360HWCA, which has a similar capacity, similar features, similar price, but receives a rating of 4.95 out of 5 stars. There are other Whirlpool washers that are reviewed here that have complained about the same issue with bearings, so it is likely best to stay away from Whirlpool as a whole for the time being.